Documented from the thirteenth century, the chapel hosted the Capuchin Friars in 1582. The monks decided to build their own convent next to it. In the seventeenth century the proximity to the Cave of St. Ignatius led to a conflict when the Franciscans claimd that the saint had been present in one of the caves beneath their convent.
The chapel, abandoned in 1835 because of the confiscation, passed into the hands of the Sisters of the Poor until 1936, when it was demolished.
Before becoming the current community centre of the Escodines, the former convent was used as a charitable asylum, military barracks, prison and shelter for refugees.