It was built in the sixteenth century and it was located next to the Old Bridge. It was formerly known as the Na Bastardes chapel, and there were the house of the hermit and the cross right next to it. Walkers and travelers used to pray there, as the Lady of the Guide is the patron saint of pilgrims, mail and messengers.
In 1522 the Guide was probably one of the first things that Ignatius saw when he arrived to Manresa, before crossing the Old Bridge.
In 1856, during the construction of the railway line Zaragoza-Barcelona, the chapel was moved some metres away. The current church dates from 1922.