The Kursaal Theatre was built in 1927 at the orders of the businessman Andreu Cabot. The façade is very classical and the huge courtyard in front, where ionic columns and a terrace with balustrade can be seen, is particularly outstanding.
The Kursaal operated as a cinema for some years. After a long renovation process, it was reopened as a theatre in 2007, promoting cultural activity in Manresa and projecting it as a key point in the world of Catalan theatre.
The cultural association El Galliner is in charge of programming the activities carried out each season. The Kursaal Theatre\'s agenda is divided into:
- Toc de música: covering the concert programme.
- Toc de dansa: activities related to classical or contemporary dance.
- Toc de teatre: theatrical performances in the season.
- Entre Toc de teatre: works programmed between two seasons
- Petit Kursaal: programme of activities for children.
- Platea Jove: activities for young audiences with special discounts.
Tickets can be bought at the Kursaal Theatre box office, by telephoning at 93 872 36 36 or through Internet at: www.kursaal.cat
- Address: Passeig Pere III, 35 - Manresa
- Phone: 938723636
Ticket office opening hours:
From Monday to Thursday: from 6 pm to 9 pm.
Friday and Saturday from 10 am 1 pm, and from 6 pm to 9 pm.
One hour before every play.