Old gothic church, built by Berenguer de Montagut, were the "Miracle of Light" took place on the 21st February 1345. For many years it housed a large altarpiece that today is conserved in the Regional Museum of Manresa.
During the Spanish Civil War was demolished and then rebuilt according the designs of Joan Rubió Bellver. The temple has not been completed due to lack of outside funding. Beside the church there was the convent of Carmelite monks, from which some of the arches of the cloister are preserved.