The Museu Històric de la Seu (Historical museum of la Seu) is located in an aera specifically enabled on the main facade of the Basilica.
It opened in 1934 to preserve and exhibit works of sacred art that had fallen out of favor, out of daily worship. Among the most important there is a Romanesque crucifix made in polychrome wood dating from the 12th century. Also there is the "front Florentine", weaving and embroidery in Florence by Geri di Lapo and acquired by Ramon Saera in 1357. There are also fragments of baroque altarpieces from the workshops of the Sunyer and Grau families, silver coffers of the 17th century that had contained the relics of the "Holy Bodies" and numerous items of jewelry and liturgical vestments.
- Address: Basilíica de la Seu. Baixada de la Seu s/n
- Phone: 938721512
Sundays from 12 pm to 2 pm. (by appointment only)
Tours can be arranged at other times with previous reservation.
4€ per person