The Manresa City Hall opened in the year 1896 the first municipal museum, which has been completed according to different historical facts in the city. Since 1977 it is known as "Museu Regional de Manresa" (Ragional Museum of Manresa). In Multidisciplinary topics, the collections are based in the art and history of Manresa, Bages region and Catalonia.
It occupies two floors in the building of Old Saint Ignatius' school (the Bages County Archives and the Municipal)). It is a building of square plant organized from a vast cloister in neoclassic style, built by the Jesuit Order, in the middle of the seventeenth century, and aimed for teaching.
Nowadays, The Museu Comarcal de Manresa is an institution at the society's service, which aim is to preserve, study and spread the knowledge of the historical and the artistic patrimony of Manresa and Bages region. Visiting the Museum we can participate in 6000 years of history: from pre-history up to contemporary art.